- This event has passed.
Developing a Love of Reading with Neil Griffiths
February 19 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm£60.00
This highly thought-provoking and practical course will explore the many ways that adults, both in nursery, school and at home, can play a crucial role in helping develop their children into life-long readers.
Suitable for all practitioners working with children 3-5 or Primary Teachers working with P1.
This half-day session will address:
• the powerful ways adults can ‘model’ the pleasure of reading
• the development of a reading culture
• ways of auditing and choosing suitable reading material
• approaches to celebrating and promoting books both in school and at home
• Inspirational ideas for sharing books
• the importance of storytime
• ‘Read aloud’ techniques.