Using Schema to Nurture Children’s Feelings of Wellbeing with Marie Richardson
September 2 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
As an adult involved in sharing playful learning opportunities with children, we often look to extend and enrich our knowledge and understanding of play. We are always eager to consider more fully how children develop and learn. Do we revisit theory we are familiar with; do we explore it fully enough? Do we look for our next steps to scaffolding children’s play?
There has been so much research and many publications on Schematic Play, some of which are challenging and contradictory.
During this training session we are looking at Schema and how the awareness, support, development of and promotion of can help nurture a sense of wellbeing in our children.
• Explore how schematic play can boost confidence indoors and outdoors.
• Consider how, as children develop a sense of themselves, schemas increase in number and complexity.
• Explore how simple schemas become integrated and coordinated, helping self-worth grow too.
• Look more closely at research and publications to extend our knowledge.
• Explore a range of environments where space, resources and interaction enables young children to use their ‘schema’ to develop their self-esteem and emotional intelligence.
Cost – £120 + VAT